Becker Animal Hospital is your one stop shop for pet vaccinations and rabies shots, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are conveniently located at 6515 West IH10, San Antonio, TX 78201 just inside Loop 410 across from the TexSan Heart Hospital.
- Your puppy should be started on its vaccinations at six to eight weeks of age
- Booster shots every twenty-one days until they are four months old (3-4 sets)
- Rabies Shot can be given as early as three months of age and is good for one year and subsequent rabies shots are good for 3 years each
- Heartworm medicine can be started as early as six weeks of age and is given monthly for the life of the pet
- Your kitten should be started on its vaccinations at six to eight weeks of age
- Booster shots should be given to your kitten every twenty-one days until it is four months old
- The rabies vaccine can be given as early as three months of age and is good for one year and subsequent shots are good for 3 years each
- Heartworm medicine can be started as early as eight weeks of age and is given monthly for life. Heartworms are transmitted by the bite of a mosquito
- Any cats that go outside should additionally receive the Leukemia, AIDs and FIP vaccines as well as the indoor-only cat shots of distemper and rabies
Protecting your pet’s wellness is our top priority
We know that you care about your pet very much, and that is why we would like to help protect their health with preventative measures in the form of boosters, vaccinations, and other animal shots.
Both cats and dogs lose their maternal immunities over time and should be given protective vaccinations at six to eight weeks of age in order to provide protection from disease.
Follow the yearly pet wellness plan
Preventative healthcare is always the best kind. Ensuring that your pet gets the appropriate dog vaccinations or cat vaccinations on top of their yearly shots is just the start of an effective wellness plan.
As a responsible pet owner, Dr. Becker recommends that you follow the following yearly pet wellness plan:
- Complete wellness exam
- Vaccination check and administration
- Heartworm medication administration
- Stomach worm test
- Flea & Tick control
Only the finest San Antonio vets
Our facility is led by San Antonio veterinarian Michael C. Becker, DVM, a leading pet healthcare provider in the San Antonio area who has offered the finest veterinary care at low prices for over 25 years. Whether you and your pet visit during the day or at night, Dr. Becker and his staff will deliver quick, easy, and comfortable pet vaccination services, with no appointment necessary.
If you are looking for a trusted provider for your dog vaccination or cat vaccination, our knowledgeable team is always available to help. Please call us if you have any questions at: 210-732-5148, or stop by at any time.